1. Machining process design, part programming and proving – Development of machining process and programming for new parts manually and through CAM for horizontal machining centers, horizontal borers, turning, large size vertical turning lathes. Experience on large size steel castings machining will be preferred.
2. Must know different types of CNC machines like HMC, VMC, turning center, VTL, HBM technical specs and machining parameters in detail
3. Inputs for tooling selection, fixtures and special gauge design to manufacturing engineering.
4. Communication skills – Must have excellent communication skills, this position needs to interact with people at other global locations. Must be able to navigate effectively with other functions like production, procurement, quality, PPC, stores and others.
5. Conflict management and resolution: Must be able to effectively handle cross functional routine issues with supplier and customer functions.
6. Documentation skills – Must be able to prepare good quality documentation for existing and new processes. Must have good MS office skills.
7. SAP – Knowledge and experience in working with SAP is must.
8. Knowledge of process capability, MSA and sound knowledge of inspection processes is desirable.
9. Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 is required. Must have faced ISO audits.
10. Knowledge of Lean and TPM will be an advantage