Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.Summary
The Site Reliability Center (SRC) team within Nuance Communications is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run cloud-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Our team ensures that Nuance services have reliability and uptime to meet the needs of our ever-growing customer base. The SRC team focuses on practices such as event response, major incident management, minimizing operational work, deep post-mortem exercises, and prevention of potential outages factoring into the iterative improvement work.
In this role you will be a central point of contact in the SRC team with correspondence through phone based, direct contact support, as well as through ticketing systems. You will be supporting the products and customers directly. This role maintains a unique position to see the entire division and interact across all international teams as well as hold an important structural part of the team.Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Resolution of all incidents which have been escalated from Support teams or identified through events and alerts.
- Responsible for all server and network related support issues, ensuring support issues are resolved within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Support 24x7x365 SRC operations.
- Administration of Event Management rules in Nagios, SCOM, and other monitoring tools.
- Monitor alerts mailbox and Event Management systems for Events and follow KB articles for resolution actions, performing functional escalations to on-call resources as needed
- Monitor Application dashboards for indications of incidents
- Invoke Incident Management process for Incidents that cannot be resolved within this team (Open the conference Bridge if needed)
- Execute routine checklists to validate system functionality and batch process completion (backups, scheduled tasks, etc.)
- Defining monthly and weekly activities such as systems patching, vulnerability management and standard changes.
- Document and communicate system status per process definitions.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Education : Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated IT work experience with an emphasis towards production support of high capacity mission critical systems.
- Work Experience: 3 or more years of experience in IT operations.
- Strong Linux Server and/or Windows Server administration & operational support skills in a production environment
- Active Directory / SSO setup & troubleshooting
- Knowledge of database technologies with experience with MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, SCOM, Solar winds, etc.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of public cloud deployment architecture & administration (ideally Azure)
- Experience with any automation tools.
- Scripting language experience. Any of the following: Bash / PowerShell / Python / Pearl / UI Path (RPA)