Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation .
- Keeping your assigned Alation AAA site or service up and running or getting it back up and running quickly when failure occurs
- Working closely with internal partners and teams to ensure that we ship software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- You will maintain the Alation platform by diagnosing, predicting and correcting scaling problems
- Will participate in on-call and identify issues and drive them to resolution and conduct blameless RCA.
- Engaging and Improving the SDLC of Services from Design to Operation.
Good To Have
- 5+ Years of Experience, Preferably with a SaaS Product at Scale.
- Strong Understanding of DevOps/Agile Principles.
- Experience with any higher language like Python, Go, Java, Groovy.
- Strong Experience with Linux/Unix Systems( both RPM & Debian based machines) and Cloud Providers like AWS Linux.
- Solid Working Knowledge with Kubernetes & Docker.
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (IaC) at scale using Terraform and Configuration management tools Using Chef, Ansible.
- Good Understanding of Networking and messaging between services.
- Configuration of CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins(JenkinsFile, Groovy).
- Experience on SCM tools like (Git, Github).
- Ability to work across multiple teams and good knowledge on AWS cloud services (e.g. EKS,RDS,IAM,Lambda etc.).
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting tools ( eg. Prometheus/ Grafana, Data-dog)
- Experience with Logging tools is Plus (eg. Sumo-logic, ELK)
More About Alation
- BTech/BE in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- Curious and Growth MindSet and always willing to learn new technologies.
- Can-Do attitude and Ability to think outside of the box.
- Good Communication and Strong Interpersonal Skills.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.Why Alation?
Market-Leading Data Catalog ProviderHigh-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teamsContinuous learning, enrichment and development opportunitiesCompetitive pay and health offeringsFlexible time off to relax and recharge