No. DMS-B/2-8/Driver Rectt. /XXXI/2020/350
1. Name of the Post: Staff Car Driver
2. No of Post: 16
3. Regulation of pay and other terms of deputation/absorption: Rs.19,000 (Level 2 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC). Pay will be regulated as per rules.
4. Eligibility Conditions: Deputation/Absorption of the officials in the Department of Posts: From amongst the regular Dispatch Rider (Group C) and Group C employees in Pay Band — 1, Rs.5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.1800 (Level 1 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC) in the Department of Posts who possess valid Driving Licence for light and heavy Motor vehicles and on the basis of a Driving test to assess the competence to drive light and heavy Motor vehicle.
5. Other Ministries of the Central Government and Armed Forces Personnel: From officials holding the post of Dispatch Rider on regular basis or regular Group C employees in Pay Band - 1, Rs.5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.1800 (Level 1 in the Pay Matrix as per CPC) who fulfil the necessary qualifications prescribed as under:
(i) Possession of a valid Driving Licence for light and heavy motor vehicles;
(ii) Knowledge of Motor mechanism (The candidate should be able to remove minor defects in vehicle);
(iii) Experience of Driving Light and Heavy motor vehicle for at least three years ;
(iv) Pass in Standard from a recognized Board or Institute.
For Ex-servicemen: The Armed Forces Personnel due to retire or who are to be transferred to reserve within a period of one year and having the requisite experience and qualifications prescribed shall also be considered. Such persons would be given deputation terms up to the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces; thereafter they may be continued on re-employment.
6. Period of deputation: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years.
The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation/ absorption shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.