As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be a developer writing new code and enhance existing code for IBM Systems Storage Product. The main objective is to provide storage management and service functions on top of a Cognitive Systems based platform. Agile development methodologies are followed with a strong focus on quality. Storage and Cognitive Systems knowledge are highly desirable. Your responsibilities will include
- Develop & deliver state-of-the-art System Storage technology to thousands of customers around the world
- Take part in an Agile team responsible for design, development, test and all technical related aspects of our products.
- Write performance-oriented code in Python, Ansible, Ruby and Shell Script, while using cutting edge technology and handling different storage platforms
- Write automation-oriented code to validate the functionality of your deliveries
- Accept the challenge of building the highest performance and most reliable data management systems on the planet.
- Work with a success-driven international team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 5+ years of experience with Systems Storage or Cognitive Systems solutions
- At least 3+ years of development experience using Python, ansible, Ruby or Shell Script
- Working knowledge of Container Tech: Kubernetes, Docker ,NFS protocol, SMB protocol ,Virtualization: kvm, VMWare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with a strategic mindset
- Team player who thrives working on cutting edge technology
- Reliability, Availability, Serviceability (RAS),File and Block Storage
- NooBaa and S3 protocol