Sub-editor, Physical Sciences & Engineering
Job location: Bengaluru
Role and Responsibilities: As a Sub-editor, you will be required to edit and format manuscripts to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications.
1. Global exposure: At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry. You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
2. Culture & Team: Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Integrity, Communication, Innovation, and Fun. By internalizing these and maintaining a culture of high performance, our dedicated team works together to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Learn & Grow: You will be trained to become adept at editing academic manuscripts. Our goal is to help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: As part of our editing team, you will directly work with authors. We facilitate the dissemination of research by helping authors overcome some of the many challenges in the publication process. We ensure that good performance is recognized and rewarded in a timely manner and offer competitive salaries on par with industry standards.
- A degree (bachelor’s, master’s, Ph.D., etc.) in Physical Sciences or Engineering
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint