We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Prioritize major incidents based on business impact to the client
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
- Set up a medium to large extent office, support data center services, remote servers, and set up remote site by configuring needed infrastructure
- Analyze and research options for collaborates with exiting external systems
- Participate in architectural planning for service management and service assurance
- Perform solution testing, debugging and refinements to produce the required end-product
- Prepare program-level, user-level documentation on an as-needed-basis
- Provide and receive technical direction as required to ensure program deadlines are met
- Ensure security deployment and assessment by configuring System policies, Routers, Firewall, proxy & Network Policies and Antivirus Solutions
- Managing Vendor and Customer Relationship
- Monitor systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards
- Enforce ‘drop dead’ time to prevent outage outside of change window
- Provide updates / communication to senior management on the status of Cognos support related incidents
- Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running
- Aid with identifying problem management trends
Demonstrated expertise on Cognos Scheduling and basic Health Checkup Validated knowledge on Audit Setup in Cognos, Installation & UpgradationPreferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Cognos Admin environment.
- Prior experience working on Cognos deployment and Security & Management.
- Proven expertise in working as admin capacity on the scheduling tools
- Hands-on knowledge on user administration (performance tuning of Cognos) along with Infrastructure team to coordinate updates and patches
About Business Unit
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to lead change and demonstrate good time management with an ability to work on tight delivery deadlines
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.