SW Development Engineer: Infinera Line System
We are looking for experienced SW Device Driver development engineers to join our R&D team, working on the line system product portfolio. Bangalore Office has complete End-to-End Ownership of Software for Infineraâs Line System Portfolio.
As a Software Development Engineer at Infinera you will work in a cross-functional, agile team developing embedded software products. You work in a Linux environment in close collaboration with the rest of the R&D organization. Our work includes everything from product concept to finished product - a process that spans over the entire development chain. The team takes full responsibility that a new feature is delivered on time with the right quality using state of the art continuous integration pipelines. We strive for fully automated test suites both on unit, function and system level.
As a software development
engineer, you will be responsible for system design and programing ensuring the functionality and quality of Infinera's products, before the new features and enhancements are released to end users. This means that you will work with most of the company's portfolio which leads to a quick and good overall system understanding.Education Necessary:
Candidates must have a Bachelorâs degree or higher in CS or EE with very good academicsRoles & Responsibilities
Experience Necessary For Success
- Design and Development, primarily in C/C++ and Python
- Writing Componentized and Modular SW for next generation of Infineraâs line system products.
- Work on Disaggregation concepts, involving control plane/management plane and data plane separation, Standardized OpenDevice/Netconf/GRPC interfaces
- Write unit tests using C++ as well as scripts for automated FT using Python
- Debug along with hardware and software engineers
- Implement with compliance to standards (ITU, MEF, IETF, IEEE, TNF, etc)
- Experience 15+ years within SW development
- Excellent C/C++/Python and object-oriented programming skills
- Excellent design analysis skills, including experience with software modeling, understanding of platform boot-up and device drivers, hardware-software interactions (e.g. interrupt architectures etc) and dependencies, high-availability, software reuse, performance, testability, and extensibility.
- Experience in telecom is a plus
- Experience in one of the technologies such as SDH/SONET, OTN, DWDM is a plus
- Experience in either QNX or Linux RTOS Operating systems is a must
- Experience developing the FCAPS functionality like Performance Brief Description
- Design and development of Network Element Driver Development software.
- Flexible, innovative and driven
- Structured and thorough with analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Agile way of working
- Driven and willing to take own initiatives
- English, written and spoken
- A high pace in development of new products.
- Tight cooperation with other disciplines and an agile organization
- Short product development cycles, Real results of your work, you will see how it affects our products and sales.
- International possibilities of development and internal advancement
- Social and wellness activities and clubs
- A friendly and helpful atmosphere
- Highly competent and motivated colleagues