Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
The Software Test Engineer will design and develop tests (manual and automation) for software products in the area of Deployment & Monitoring Solutions. These products are fully developed at the Pune R&D Center and are used globally in hospitals and cancer centers. The Software Test Engineer will bring in strong test management skills, working in an agile/scrum environment.Position Duties
- Design and develop end-to-end tests – API, Integration, Functional from Verification perspective.
- Manage life cycle of a test and a defect.
- Act as a quality gatekeeper for the products under development.
- Work as a part of SCRUM team and take care of test related activities as per definition of done.
- Estimate test related activities.
- Manage test infrastructure i.e. testing lab, CI infrastructure.
- Develop effective test automation framework(s).
- Implement efficient continuous integration.
- Institutionalize test coverage strategy and practices.
- Publish metrics (Key Performance Indicators) that measures effectiveness of tests and practices.
- Produce documents required to release products as per PLC process.
BE, MSc, MCA, Computer Science or related discipline.Number of year’s related experience:
Special Knowledge / Skills:
- 2-5 years of experience in designing and developing automation tests along with strong knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Strong hands on experience on C# .NET.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Hands on experience with test automation tools/framework like selenium.
- Software programming skills.
- Experience working with source control and configuration management tools like TFS.
- Experience and understanding of build management, continuous integration (CI).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with client-side technologies REACT/Angular JS
- Experience developing products conforming to US FDA quality system regulations.
- Experience working in a multi-site environment.
Must be able to communicate fluently in English.