Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
This position will serve as a member of a highly skilled team of IT professionals located in Varian’s Pune, India office chartered with remote management and monitoring of Varian’s On-Premise and Cloud-hosted Managed Service Infrastructure. Candidate will be responsible for the efficient and effective execution of all ITSM (IT Service Management) practices including: Event Management, Incident Management, Customer Requests, Change Control, Problem Management, Release Management, and Continuous Improvement
Working as part of a global 24x7 team to perform ITSM functions (Event, Incident, Change Management, Problem Analysis, etc.) across a globally distributed environment of Private and Hybrid Cloud implementations.Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Performance and Security Event Management
- Incident Management (including participation in Major Incident Management if/as needed)
- Monitoring systems for escalated issues.
- Report to proper teams and drive process/product issues to resolution
- Incident Management process for partners and products from third parties
- Problem & Root Cause Analysis
- Change Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Drive Problem Management/Root Cause Analysis and continual improvement of products and processes.
- Proactively communicate & collaboration with Varian HQ and Field Operations Management related to work at hand (Escalations, Process Performance, etc.)
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
- Formal studies and/or certification in the field of Information Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in a Network Operations Center (NOC) environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills across a variety of technologies.
- Superior written, oral, and presentation skills with fluency in English.
- Strong Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Embody a 'Whatever it takes' attitude toward Customer Satisfaction and Delight
- Willingness to perform shift work to accommodate coverage requirements
- Strong knowledge of ITIL Framework
- Specific technical experience in the following technologies:
- Strong skills in performance troubleshooting of MS SQL databases and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Experience with PowerShell, or similar scripting tool
- Experience with Linux, MS SQL
- Knowledge in general software programming and cloud-based computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience within the medical or Health care field
- Certifications: Azure, Citrix, VMWare, ITIL or Network +
- Experience with Salesforce Unity
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Experience with remote monitoring technologies (ex. Solarwinds, Azure Monitoring).
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site access as required by local laws.
- Meet customer-specific credentialing requirements which may vary by client and may include, but are not limited to: Proof of valid identification (photo, driver’s license, SSN),Criminal background checks, Drug screens, Immunizations (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus),Annual TB testing, Healthcare training.
- Estimated 10% travel requirement. Candidate should be open for traveling if required
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.#TogetherWeFight