This position is for a Staff Product Developer at BMC Solutions Research and Development. The candidate must be internally motivated, and possess a successful work record. Experience with working in a team environment and be flexible in working hours to work with a US-based team is a requirement.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• This person is responsible for packaging, enhancing, and monitoring internal systems used to deliver mainframe products to BMC customers.
• This includes monitoring and maintaining automated processes, troubleshooting failures, and coordinating with product teams to ensure fixes, releases, and enhancements are delivered.
• Working knowledge of SMP/E, CLIST, TSO, REXX skills is required.
• Must be able to work with JCL and IBM utilities to perform maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to resolve issues and be familiar with systems software not limited to, but including z/OS, CICS, IMS, MQ, DB2, and storage management practices.
• Should be familiar with BMC software products, especially from an installation and customization perspective. Expert SMP/E knowledge is a plus.
• 5 to 10 years of IBM zSeries (mainframe) System Programming expertise.
• Must have experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting mainframe issues. Familiarity with IBM system utilities and JCL is needed.
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills, a demonstrated ability to work issues to resolution.
• Ability to meet set deadlines for daily/weekly/monthly PTF management processes.
• Familiarity with TCP/IP, CICS, DB2, MQ, IMS as well as TSO, CLIST, REXX, and ISPF. JES2/JES3, USS, and file transfer products experience a plus.
• Proficiency with software installation, configuration, and maintenance processes.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with IBM products and utilities; prefer strong experience with BMC products.
• Demonstrated ability to work in customer-support/customer service situations.
• Ability to remain calm, cordial, and effective during the resolution of time-critical system interruptions/difficulties/failures.
• Proven ability to develop relationships with peers and product teams.
• Be proactive and take initiative to work independently as well as as a member of a team.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.