At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs System Programmer-zVM, you are responsible to provide support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Planning and Installation of new z/VM and zLinux environments & z/VM cloning, backup/restore & procedures.
- z/VM installation and maintenance & z/VM customization of all OS components.
- Applying fixes/patches/upgrades to z/VM and zLinux environment
- Implement, Administer RACF for z/VM
- carry out changes requested by Customer, Apply periodic Patch/RSU Upgrades, Carry out periodic system healthcheck, improve day to day operational procedures, respond to customer queries/issues.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Years of progressive expertise in managing z/OS System administration Activities.
- Z/VM trouble shooting, and strong problem analysis techniques.
- Hands on experience with guests setup z/VM. & z/VM and zLinux operations, REXX, zLinux setup running without z/VM.
- Expertise on mainframe TCP/IP, VTAM, Hipersockets, and OSA devices, Software setup for I/O devices (DASD, tape, tape library, VTS) ,z/VM security and setup & IBM System z hardware, IOCP, I/O devices.
- Experience in running RHEL, SuSE zLinux on a mainframe
- Proficient in installation, maintain, and support on system Z under Z/VM
- Ability to use administrative tools to install application packages for Z/Linux
- Validated exposure to configure TCP/IP to support Z/Linux on a mainframe Proven expertise in day to day z/OS System administration and Production Support.
About Business Unit
- z/VM and z/Linux skills are preferred but not necessary.
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.