Job Title: Securities Services Ops Testing - Test Analyst/Lead (406/502)
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of customers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services Operations
J.P. Morgan is global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan's Securities Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Leverage your unique background, experiences and skills to help innovate and add value
Diversity and Inclusion are the cornerstones of JPMorgan Chase's corporate culture. We recognize that we gain strength from a diverse workforce and embrace our differences. We are committed to a culture of openness and meritocracy, and believe in giving every individual an opportunity to succeed while bringing their whole selves to work. Every unique skill, perspective and experience is valued irrespective of background, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Different perspectives built on diverse experiences bring strength and creativity to our work and lead to the best solutions for our clients.
If you're passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we're looking for you to help us grow and position our businesses for the future.
What to expect:
Funds Services Testing COE function is structured within Securities Services Operations & partners with multiple operations, change, product development & technology teams to ensure successful delivery of multi-year, cross-functional strategic program agenda. The team is responsible for stability of technology platforms by ensuring quality testing of the product releases before moving into production.
Your roles & responsibilities will include:
• Provides input to the UAT Test Strategy / Plan
• Work closely with operations subject matter experts, business analysts, project manager and other stakeholders in production of test plan/strategies
• Co-ordinate test execution (wherever designated) across project work streams
• Design/Develop test scripts (manual and automated as the case may be) for the applications assigned for testing
• Report and follow up on of software/process defects and track to closure.
• Work with system owners to ensure test environments and test data are in the state required for testing.
• Escalation of issues to the Project/Program Managers via Test Lead.
• Analyze and review requirements
• Assist in the definition and measurement of quality gates, and the generation of stage/progress reports as defined by the project
• Operate across system, acceptance, regression test phases of projects
• Ensure that test deliverables are produced; test plans (according to size and phase of project),and test specifications to the agreed timescale, budget and quality.
About your skills & experience:
• 3-5 years of work experience in Software Testing, Software Engineering, Finance domain involving capital markets, mutual funds and fixed income products, Custody and Fund accounting.
• Sound knowledge of SDLC, Testing lifecycle, Test Design techniques and Bug Reporting Protocols
• Sound knowledge of Web (Internet/Intranet),Windows skills, Basic trouble shooting skills for Windows and web Applications.
• Exposure to test management tools like HP ALM, Zypher and JIRA
• Exposure to Test design methodologies like BDD with Cucumber, SpecFlow will be advantageous.
• Domain knowledge of Fund Accounting and Portfolio Accounting (Mutual/Pension fund/Hedge Funds),Capital Markets, Investment banking, Custody operations, and related areas.
• Domain knowledge of Derivatives and OTC products
• Prior experience of delivering testing projects in the areas of Mutual Funds, Fund accounting, Alternative Investments and Capital markets
• Knowledge of Fund Accounting products like SunGard InvestOne, Advent's Geneva and others - will be highly advantageous.
• Good Communication skills
About your qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer science and related fields OR Commerce/MBA in Finance or related fields from a reputed university
• Industry relevant certifications in Software Testing, SDLC Models, Agile and DevOps Delivery and others.