Professional Services within Fortinet, is an integral part of the support and services organization, as a result the Consultant will collaborate effectively with peers to drive customer satisfaction. The Consultant delivers Professional Services as part of their regional team, on site and remotely to customers.
The Consultant delivers technical services including design, implementation, migration, optimization and related documentation. The Consultant also participates in scoping projects in the pre-Sales phase and is aware of best practice methodology to build and construct a Scope of Work.
The Consultant instills confidence to customers through their technical ability, focused communication skills and structured approach to implementing security solutions. This role requires a constant focus on improving technical skills through training or on-job learning opportunities.
The Consultant needs to be collaborative and build effective working relationships within Fortinet to drive success. The Consultant is expected to contribute to team processes and highlight to management any risk to projects.Responsibilities
The Professional Services Consultant:
- Delivers assigned projects to the satisfaction of the Customer in collaboration with the PMO team including deployment, configuration, knowledge transfer, testing and troubleshooting of products and technologies in the customer environment.
- Assists on site throughout a rollout, migration or go-live phase with a focus on minimizing risk and maximizing customer satisfaction
- Performs project risk analysis, reports escalated issues and implements mitigation plans.
- Develops an understanding of customer engagements (objectives, project scope, business and technical requirements) to ensure expectations are met.
- Produces project related documents including any required technical architecture diagrams. These documents might include High-Level Design, Low-Level Design, Migration Plan, Test Plan, Methods of Procedures, Network Implementation Plan, As-Built guide. Ensures that project documents are accurate, complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Owns and contributes to the resolution of complex technical issues in relation to projects in delivery. Collaborates with the Customer and other teams (PS, Support and Sales Engineering).
- Drives technical scoping meetings and develops statements of work with the relevant work breakdown structures based on accurate analysis of customers' requirements.
- Reviews peer documents for technical accuracy and quality assurance.
- Manages time, and completes and submits administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Continuously works on developing knowledge and skills to remain proficient with the relevant Fortinet technologies, products and services by using self-study materials or by formal trainings.
- Feeds back customer input with the aim of improving services and process.
- Contributes to collateral such as templates, methodologies, best practice or lessons learned.
- Mentors other consultants on Fortinet Professional Services practices and methodologies.
- 9+ yearsâ experience in LAN/WAN/Internet consulting, support and/or administration.
- 8+ yearsâ experience with network security products.
- Experience working as an IT security consultant or architect.
- Expertise in at least five of the following technologies: NGFW, Email Security, Advanced Threat Protection, Endpoint Security, Application Security, Web Application Firewall, Network Security Management, SIEM, Network Virtualization, Software Defined Networks (SDN) and/or other cloud-based technologies.
- Excellent presentation, communication and technical documentation skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Flexible working hours.
- Positive customer service attitude with excellent soft skills.
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion.
- Strong commitment, self-driven with good team leadership skills.
- Extensive travel (up to 70%).
- Master's Degree in technical or management discipline and/or equivalent extensive work-related experience.