We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Account Solution Lead, you are responsible to provide technical support for with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- The ASL is responsible for the overall technical solution where delivering MMS services to an account. Depending on the size and scope, ASLs may work independently, and/or with other ASLs on an account. The ASL creates & maintains low-level process documents, analyzes technical and account trends, and actively looks for ways to improve efficiency and quality in their areas of service.
- The ASL works with the client to understand, validate and translate their requests into requirements that can be understood and processed by the IBM team. The ASL acts as an escalation point for all technical issues communicated by the client. The ASL may also attend joint meetings with other delivery towers as needed to address larger projects/issues. Since this is a client facing role, it is expected that the ASL will work the same hours (time zone) as the client.
- Act as the first point of contact with the client for service delivery.
- Manage and monitor each of the requests from start to finish.
- Work with Transitions/Transformation manager to complete command and control FTE resources, GDC resources, DOU/MOU/SLA/SLO/PIM
- Verify that all service requests are within scope of the DOU and do not exceed any agreed upon thresholds. Any requests that appear to be out of scope should be reviewed with the Account Management.
- Interface with Delivery Centers and local/onsite teams and Service Line Global Resources for the delivery of services
- Implement recommended process changes and monitor compliance of new tools and processes that are within the scope of the work activities
- Engages other technical resources (if needed) on technical/operational issues
- Ensure account Change Management procedures are followed.
- Where appropriate, provide input on the performance of team members to Service Portfolio Manager and/or First Line Manager.
- Review, remediate and address design and solution gaps, both in transition/transformation, as well as in steady-state.
- Implement short-term solutions to stabilize the client environment, and coordinate, design, and implement long-term solution to address the gap.
- Identify innovative solutions and areas of improvement to benefit their accounts and MMS /IBM.
- Work with Service Portfolio Manager and New Business Solutioners to prepare a cost case for projects or for new growth services/scope.
- Interface directly with client's technical SMEs and 3rd party technical resources. For example activities relating to problem assessment and resolution, collecting and defining requirements, solution design, etc.
- Work with the GDC to perform work and remediation activities that cannot be effectively done from within the Delivery Center due to complexity, urgency, access to client network, infrastructure, etc.
- Perform MMS activities on an exception basis, as approved by SPM
- Maintain Account Technical Documentation (Image Configuration/Roadmap, Standard Packages/Versions, Software Distribution Schedules and history)
- Monitor ticket queue and respond to tickets in a timely manner
- Keep tickets updated
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expert knowledge of desktop troubleshooting, Windows, MAC
- Expert knowledge on latest technologies i.e. Intune, VMWare Workspace, SCCM, Application Packaging tools, Windows 10 Understanding
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the core service components (Application Packaging, Software Distribution, Image Management)
- Expert knowledge of technical requirement documentation and forms.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Knowledge of Project Management skills
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages (e.g., VBS, Perl, Batch Scripting and PowerShell)
- Knowledge of Virtualization Platforms (e.g., VMware ESX/Workstation, Hyper-V, VirtualBox)
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledge of problem and change management tools
- Knowledge to suggest and implement Automation within the account wherever possible
- Good to have knowledge on Digital experience monitoring, SysTrack, Aternity, Nextthing providing workplace analysis
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.