VALUES THAT DEFINE OUR CULTURE
We are unified by the spirit of going above and beyond for our clients and each other. We look to foster a globally inclusive culture, enabling our people to be themselves at work and to join in, be heard, contribute, and grow. We continually seek to expand our workforce with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We recognize that our best ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time and help us provide the best solutions for our clients around the globe.
Our inclusive work environment maximizes our diversity values, engagement, productivity, and ultimately makes FactSet a fun place to work.DEPARTMENT BRIEF
The purpose of FactSet Content and Technology Solutions (CTS) is to capture substantial revenue opportunities that exists within the financial data feed market and help drive the adoption of FactSet's proprietary content through FactSet's data feed business.
CTS Product Development is responsible for the strategic architecting and proliferation of FactSet's data feed product lines in the market.Job Responsibilities
Technical writers must have good control over English such that documentation produced for the CTS team doesn't require regular proof reading for grammatical or qualitative reasons. In addition, it's important that a technical writer for CTS has experience documenting either markup languages or programming code such that they are able to create or update technical documents that include coding snippets without heavy reliance on domain experts for this purpose.
The candidate must be willing to contribute to the further establishment of a new team of tech writers that interacts frequently with product development, engineering and other groups within the firm.Job Requirements
- Further propagate an evolving technical writing discipline within CTS PD encompassing outreach to all of CTS
- Work with CTS PD groups across all products in order to create and maintain internal and external documentation
- Contribute to the transformation of how CTS materials are curated and distributed throughout the business
- Contribute to the upkeep of CTS's style guide
- Assist in the development of client facing user documentation for CTS's emerging product lines
- Ownership of relevant internal training media and documentation for CTS
- A strong desire to assist in the development of writing resources and protocols
- Must be willing to learn about financial data and technology
- Experience editing and publishing software documentation is a must