System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Subject Matter Expert in Oracle VM server (OVM),System X Hardware (Lenovo X series or HP ProLiant or Dell power edge),Oracle Linux, Oracle RAC technology, you will apply your deep expertise in pro actively implementing vendor solutions, fixes in our customer environment by following IBM Change Management process. Work towards identifying technical gaps in our customer environment, come up with plan to fix those gaps to provide stable environment to customer to achieve their business objective
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Design the overall architecture and infrastructure design.
- Develop the infrastructure plan.
- Manage the ongoing support for high availability infrastructure.
- Design and implement Operating System update infrastructure.
- Develop Automation to reduce manual efforts in Technical Service Delivery.
- Come up with Innovative ideas to bring in high performance, stability to Customer Environment.
- Constant connect with the Vendor sites to review updates and fixes availability for our Customer environment.
- Work with Support vendors to speed up resolution to the issue.
- Manage OVM infrastructure and work / coordinate with other teams to ensure smooth BAU delivery
- Regular VM backups and manage the repositories
- Allocate new LUNs to the environment and coordinate with DB team and OS team for patching
- Build additional infra as required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ Years of technical expertise in troubleshooting and fixing complex issues in OVM, OEL, Oracle RAC cluster technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working on hardware infrastructure - Intel Servers (Lenovo X series, HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge servers).
- Solid infrastructure knowledge in the area of Storage Area Networks, Storage box, Hypervisors, Automation tools.
- Minimum 3 years of scripting knowledge using Shell and Pearl
About Business Unit
- Experience with any database
- Willingness to work in any shifts
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.