A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, youâll love your career at IBM.Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Technical SME Linux, you would be helping manage escalations and technical resolution for Linux related issues. You would be involved in managing security on Linux and help deliver a superior client experience by understanding and adapting to the needs of our clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Modify Platform automation and support Script
- Develop and modify application Failover Scripts
- Proven experience in Clustering activities like Redhat, Veritas Cluster or SUN Cluster
- Install, configure, upgrade automated Security health checking client and support Level 4automated Security health checking client
- Install, Configure, Upgrade
- Automated Patch management client and support Level 4 automated Patch management client
- Enterprise Automation Client Software and support Level 4 Enterprise Automation Client Software
- Hardware Monitoring Client Software and support Level 4 Hardware monitoring Client Software
- Upgrade Electronic Software Distribution Client Software and support Level 4 Electronic Software Distribution Client Software.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 4 yearâs experience in IT Industry
- Professional Linux troubleshooting expertise
- In depth knowledge in configuring local storage and file systems on Linux Workstation
- Expertise in managing security on Linux
- Customer support experience
- Active listener with flexibility to modify approach and adapt to customer needs
- Ability to multi-task, proven problem-solving skills and knowledge sharing
- Highly experienced in the Linux support environment
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Excellent communication skills.
- Should be willing to work in shifts along with the team in customer business time.
- Good team player with willingness to learn and drive to achieve.
- Proactive and focussed on Metrics.
- Good MS office skills and Reporting knowledge
- Should be able to drive Continuous Improvement in the process.
- Take end to end responsibility and ownership of driving process knowledge in the team.
- Perform training and need analysis, Refresher training's
- Drive to achieve team KPI's, Monitor the call queue and ensure prompt action
- Take ownership of escalated tickets