ExpediaTechnical Support Analyst I
The Technical Support Analyst I provides Tier 1 support for our externally connected properties connecting to Expedia Group. This will include troubleshooting and diagnosing technical support issues, ensuring that hotel partners have the right connectivity, running and reviewing system and vendor reports to determine system issues, and to ultimately provide implementation, launch, and post connectivity support for all properties per Expedia Group standards.What You’ll Do
Who You Are
- Provide Tier 1 support to internal and external partners on intermediate technical issues via email and phone to meet personal goals for quality, timeliness and productiveness.
- Triage incoming cases and ensure that correct priorities are set.
- Provide change history information, monitor alarms, schedule maintenance outages, and handle access issues with customer facing tools.
- Provide Tier 1 support on internal and customer-facing tools
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve basic connectivity issues
- Handle incoming phone calls from customers in line with personal targets and goals.
- Generate system reports and identify action items.
- Work closely with Tier 2 Analysts on escalated issues
- Act as a liaison between the frontline Expedia Market Management team (Market Managers and Market Associates) and Tier 2 Analysts
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Expedia®Connect, Expedia QuickConnect ExpediaConnect 2 connectivity integration systems and Expedia hotel inventory systems as well as the related business impacts.
You’ll fit this role if you have/ are able to:
- AS/AA or equivalent experience and 2+ years of technical analysis experience in a customer support environment.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role involving strong research and solution design skills in a technology environment.
- A solid understanding of web technology, especially an analytical understanding of XML and web services.
- Aptitude for data analysis: Excel, basic concepts of SQL. Having a practical knowledge of databases would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities along with good oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for customer service and above-average patience and diplomacy.
- Capacity to work independently with minimum supervision within a remote office and coordinate work within the team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and usage of the Internet.
- Ability to work and thrive in a multitasked, fast-paced environment.
- Professional, “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
- Conscientious, quick learner, adaptable; a collaborative teammate.
- Knowledge of the hotel industry a strong asset.
- Ability to work in a technical 24/7 environment in either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift support role and escalate to Tier 2 support teams and program managers when needed.