Technical Support Engineer
With our innovative and integrated technology, we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as a System Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.What part will you play?
We don’t need superheroes
- Provide application Support Services to customers with problem determination, workaround resolution, root cause analysis, major incident management
- Use of case management tool to log and track issue status and related activities
- The ability to manage multiple urgent application support issues in parallel
- Complete ownership of Application Help Desk (Hotline/Email/Tickets) and resolution within defined Service Operation processes.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem.
- To ensure that solution and application support documentation is maintained to the highest quality and accuracy
- To provide support so that client systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored in a timely and efficient manner
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to the development team.
- Create and publish knowledge articles for re-use by customers
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations
- To support in verification and validation testing activities to application software testing team.
- Should be open to work in morning/afternoon shifts.
- Specify and execute test cases based on user stories and overall test strategy
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
- Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager/Test Lead.
- Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
- Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- We need a B.E/B.Tech graduate in Electrical/ Instrumentation and Control Engineering with 2 to 4 years of experience in application technical support services and overall experience of 5 to 7 years.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- Thorough troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers in urgent or critical situations
- Customer Satisfaction focus, both internal and external, with strong relationship skills
- A good understanding of IoT infrastructure and cloud services.
- Domain knowledge on Substation and Transmission Transformer knowledge would be required.
- Experience of features and functions in a Substation and Transmission products technical support or application testing.
- AWS/Azure based cloud application testing experience
- Onsite experience of the electrical equipment’s as Transformer, Bushing, Circuit Breaker, Gas Insulated Switchgear, Arc Suppression Coil, Gas Instrument.
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.Organization:
Siemens Technology and Services Private LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalJob Type: