As a Senior Deskside Support Engineer you will be responsible for handling Deskside operations for location being managed, you are responsible for IT Operations - deskside / helpdesk / service desk and Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for technical issues (Servers / Storage / Network) at Client end to co-ordinate with IBM team for resolving the technical issues and follow up for closure.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible to resolve first level problems pertaining to MS Office, Outlook and other related front-end applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting Window 10 and O365 related issues.
- Responsible for Identification, isolation, and repair of equipment and software affecting computer network services
- Broadband, dialup or leased line-based internet connectivity trouble shooting.
- Responsible for logging and allocation of the calls.
- Coordination with team/ vendors for speedy call resolution.
- Call categorization/ updating / tracking till resolution
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum relevant 4-5 year’s work experience and knowledge of Desktop Administration.
- Exposure to Structured Cabling Systems and other Network components
- Experience of working in Domain environment.
- Experience on Call logging tool at least for one year for resolution of calls
- Troubleshooting skills for resolving printer, scanner, LAN related issues and / or issues arising from TCP/IP configuration/s.
About Business Unit
- Certifications: Relevant Certifications like MCSE, CCNA are preferred.
- Ability to ensure that all the data pertaining to the company and its clients is safeguarded against unauthorized or illegal use by implementing various methodologies against those who violate the security rules and regulations
- Proficient to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of the information and to maintain its authenticity, control and utility of the relevant data
- Experience in supporting all the necessary procedures related to security approval, accreditation, certification, etc.
- In-depth knowledge to implement a realistic approach during the certification schedule and process
- Hands-on experience to ensure compliance with vulnerability and mitigation procedures and to establish and install security fixes at regular intervals
- Languages: English, Hindi
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.