Reviewed: 2nd June 2015
JOB TITLE : Territory Manager
DEPARTMENT : Sales & Field Marketing
POSITION REPORTING TO
Regional Manager / Area Manager
To achieve the organizational objectives to grow domestic sales and market share in respective districts from the territory. Ensure overall territory business is achievedJob Responsibilities
- To achieve the annual objectives – Sales, Receivables and Gross Contribution.
- To be within spend budgets – Traveling and Sales Promotion.
- To adhere to the Business policy Guidelines – Written Indents / Stock receipt acknowledgements, Quarterly balance confirmations, Leaky / Damage claims.
- Implementation of National / Zonal / Regional strategy – Product specific strategies at the territory level.
- To handle the “Channel” effectively – Placement and Liquidations.
- To recruit and train right FO’s.
- To plan and monitor the campaigns and submit the review reports – Demos, Farmer meets and Liquidation.
- To participate in Market Development activities – Demos, farmer meets and to develop testimonials from the satisfied farmers.
- To maintain the data base of Dealers, Farmers and Villages.
- To develop personal contacts with the progressive farmers.
- To maintain good relation with trade partners.
- Liaison with Department of Agriculture and University Scientists.
- To issue the Principal certificates timely and maintaining a record.
- Effective utilization of Sales Promo Inputs – Demo Samples, Handbills, Posters, Banners and POPs.
- Identifying the progressive farmers / potential village for Model Plot and to maintain Model plot effectively till Filed day / harvesting / Yield data generation.
- Obtaining the Indents / UC (Utilization certificates) from Department / Nodal agencies for Govt / Subsidy business.
- To submit timely Inter party stock transfers in case of Seeds.
- Timely submission of TES and Promo Claims to RM / AM.
- To have a structured “Territory Profile” – Sale, Dealers, Farmers, Village, Competition, Market size particulars. To have SWOT analysis for self, Company, Market, Distribution.
- To prepare the short and long term goals for the territory.
- Market Intelligence and Market Knowledge of the territory.
ATTITUDE/ MOTIVES/ BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS
- Agricultural Sciences
- Crop Agronomy
- Pests and diseases control methods
- Farmers psychology
- Local language
Planning & Organizing
- Geographical knowledge of the area
TimelinesDesirable (Preferred Qualifications)
- Market intelligence (knowledge of competitors activities)
Customer orientationMinimum Years
- An understanding of dealers behavior
2-5 yearsNATURE OF CONTACT
EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS**Any Other Specific
Dealing with complaints
Persuading or influencing for action
Working and staying in rural environment
- Internal customers: Team members, colleagues, senior colleagues within and outside your department.
- External customers: Customers, clients, suppliers, business associates, public agencies etc.