Test Engineer is a key member of Delivery group and needs to take a proactive role to understand any customer related issues and providing a satisfactory response back after required internal discussions.Video
In this role you will be joining our Video team. Conditional access remains key to what we do; from managing new technology implementations, combating online piracy, offering anti-cheat methods for gaming to supporting customers' demand for high-quality multi-screen experiences Irdeto deliver to a global customer base.Job Description – Test Engineer
Test Engineer is responsible for planning and execution of end to end testing for Headend, Conditional Access (CA),Middleware and STB solutions. Sr. Test Engineer shall have strong knowledge of DVB/MPEG standards and hands on HE components like Multiplexer, SI/PSI, Modulator etc. The role works closely with Test Manager, Test lead, Integration Engineer, Project Manager and Solution Architect to ensure the quality of Irdeto products as per the customer requirements. This position also closely works with the Customers, Engineering teams, Product Owner and Product test teams to understand the issues and effectively communicate same with the engineering team.
Test Engineer is a key member of Delivery group and needs to take a proactive role to understand any customer related issues and providing a satisfactory response back after required internal discussions. The position will be reporting to the Test and Integration manager. This is a customer facing role closely working with 3rd parties like system integrators, solution architect, engineering and test teams to ensure the issues related to Headend, CA, STB Middleware on customer platforms are well understood and closed to customer’s satisfaction.
As part of the job the role may have to travel for interactions with customer, 3rd parties and component engineering teams. He should have a good understanding of DTH & OTT architecture.Required Skills
- Technical and/or Engineering background.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good Testing and Debugging skills.
- Team player but able to work independently and remotely.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Good logical and analytical skills with the ability to absorb multiple requirements, provide analysis and then at times provide a practical solutions that meet the customers’ needs.
- Good presentations skill to small to medium sized groups.
- Good documentation and reporting skills.
- Competent user of the Microsoft suite of Office applications including Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Knowledge of the broadcast industry with respect to workflow, operation and technologies.
Why join Irdeto?
- Technical and/or Engineering background.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in testing Headend, Conditional Access (CA),Middleware and OTT solutions.
- Well versed with Test processes, test planning and test designing.
- Involved in understanding, reviewing and analyzing the customer requirements and prepare the test design to meet the finalized requirements.
- Involved in functional & non-functional testing types (Regression testing, sanity Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing, Database Testing, Automation testing, API testing, UI Testing)
- Good understanding of DVB/MPEG standards
- Good working experience on Headend, CA and STB Middleware.
- Good understanding of Agile methodology.
- Basic Understandings on Customer subscriber management and Billing system
- Hands on experience on python Scripting and Storm test will be advantage
We are on a mission to build a secure future, where people can embrace connectivity without fear. Our lives are increasingly connected. At Irdeto, we enable people and companies to experience connectivity effortlessly by protecting them from cyberattacks. Security is the enabler of the connected world we live in. Our solutions and services ensure that you can enjoy the latest video games, the best blockbuster movies and your favorite live events. And it does not stop there; our technology also secures connected transport and IoT connected industries – just to name a few. With 50 years of expertise in security, we protect over 5 billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best known brands.What do we offer you?
We Encourage Personal And Professional Growth And Success Among Our Globally Diverse Workforce By Offering
At Irdeto, we know that it is the people who make our company a success.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Career and personal development opportunities
- Flexible working spaces in state of the art offices
- A focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness
- Working for a truly global company with offices in 15+ countries
With 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who are energetic, dynamic and driven to be part of our community.Welcome to Irdeto!