As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
- As an Automation Testing Practitioner, you will design, build, test and deploy effective testing solutions which reduce the amount of manual effort in the testing process.
- You are responsible for applying automated tools in testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for test-ability, test cases and use cases for suitability for automation.
- Assist the development of the test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reuse for regression purposes.
- Design, build and execute automated tests to validate applications using Selenium
- Identify regression testing needs and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite.
- Implement the strategy via developing, coding and executing test case and test script frameworks using automated tools such Selenium.
- Provide timely project related data as required in applicable systems and ensure timely reporting and response to client partners.
How we’ll help you grow:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You’ll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- Profound knowledge of Software Development Process and Testing life cycle.
- Working knowledge on Java 1.7 with Selenium/Appium, Cucumber and BDD Tools along with the understanding of TestNG/Junit, Ant/Maven and Jenkins
- Hands-on experience in development of application changes, testing the changes and driving continuous delivery transformation within Scrum teams.
- Ability to drive adoption of BDD / TDD in Agile / Scrum teams.
- Demonstrated experience in designing / building test automation frameworks for service and UI based testing and understanding of DevOps and integration of test automation into Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Proven understanding of industry standard methodologies in QA - e.g. use of virtual services to test early, ideal mix of service based versus UI bases tests, risk based testing coverage, etc.
About Business Unit
- Knowledge around the commercial product ARIC from Feature space will be an advantage
- Experience in MongoDB and WebServices testing is highly desired
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to manage change and be open to it good time management and demonstrate sanctity of prescribed deadlines
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.