As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
What you’ll do:
- As a Test Automation Practitioner you will design, build, test and deploy effective testing solutions which reduce the amount of manual effort in the testing process.
- You are responsible for applying automated tools to support the testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- You need to support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for test-ability, test cases and use cases for suitability for automation.
- You will assist the development of the test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reuse for regression purposes.
- Possess good knowledge in creating test plans and test strategies.
- Design, build and execute automated tests to validate applications using Selenium
- Identify regression testing needs, and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite.
- Implement the strategy via developing, coding and executing test case and test script frameworks using automated tools such as Selenium.
- Provide timely project related data as required in applicable systems and ensure timely reporting and response to stakeholders.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of experience with key skills in Hadoop with Java/J2EE background.
- Proven knowledge on Hadoop skills and ETL Knowledge with proficiency in ALM
- Design and build Automated Test Framework for the core platform of the company
- Utilize innovative testing technologies to develop our company's testing strategy
- Perform end-to-end system level testing, increasing coverage with efficiency
- Proven knowledge on Selenium suite of Tools (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid).
- Experience on automation of Web Application using Selenium WebDriver
- Knowledge on various Test Automation frameworks
- Experience with test automation tools (eg; Selenium) and Cucumber, practical application in a test environment
- Strong knowledge of Test Processes Identifying Test Scenarios and provide automation plan.
- Creating and enhancing Test Cases (Test Scripts) using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming concepts
About Business Unit
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Proven interpersonal communications and technical writing skills.
- Collaborate with a group of like-minded Automation Engineers and Manual Testers.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.