Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Shared Operational Services (SOS) team from IBM's Enterprise and Technology Security is looking to hire onto our tooling operations squad. You will provide a number of standards externally available compliance tools SIEM, Vulnerability Scanning, Identity Management, Patch and Health checking, AV, 2FA and Inventory in an integrated portal that is developed in house.Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Install, update and maintain SOS tooling software as needed
- Review diagnostics, assess the functionality and efficiency, and provide recommendations of improvement on SOS tooling system
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve software and/or network and system problems with SOS tooling software
- Perform and verify data backups and disaster recovery operations for SOS tooling systems
- Co-ordinate extensively with extended SOS teams (networking, infrastructure and leadership) to maintain, establish and deliver the SOS tooling services for our clients
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working in the cloud computing industry with a focus sustaining IT services in one or two of the following competencies
- Expertise in SIEM (QRadar),Health Check & Patching (Bigfix),Vulnerability Scanning (Tenable),Identity Management (Thycotic, Active Directory) and Secret Storage (Hashicorp Vault)
- Proficient in 2 Factor Authentication
- Experience in Scripting including bash, Java, regex, python.
- Experience in Antivirus (Symantec)
- Agile Development process experience along with Disaster Recovery
About Business Unit
- System configuration and Deployment: VMware, Docker, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Ansible.
- Database skills: Postgres, Db2 or other DBA skills.
- Spring Framework.
- Automation: RestAPI integration, UCD, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Working in DevOps and 24x7 Production environments
- Interest in Security and compliance.
- Proven Linux skills
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.