Alation is at the forefront of the new wave of innovation in how companies gain value from their data assets. This innovation means that our customers need new ways to do their job, and knowledge about how to use Alation to move the needle. That means they need great technical training about data. Alation Universityâs mission is to bring great training content to customers fast, and to reach them in ways that are the most convenient for them. If you are interested in playing a key role in helping customers revolutionize the value of data to their companies, this job is for you!Job Scope
Responsibilities: Produce and maintain training assets
- Produce technical training content - must have proven ability to write content about data concepts, products and technologies
- Produce content developed and written by others, including eLearning production, video post-production, audio clean up and related tasks
- Create training material using designs and outlines created by others
- Create, deploy and evaluate student experience assets (LMS courses or pages, assessment activities
- Create the final polish for all customer-delivered content by using extraordinary attention-to-detail
- Understand the data ecosystem and the data catalog to ensure the best content delivery
Responsibilities: Build the training content library
- Develop technical eLearning content using modern production tools (Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia) about a data software product, a data catalog
- Perform regular production tasks on eLearning assets (edit videos, produce LMS compatible outputs, integrate media and interactions)
- Organize and manage training assets for internal use with the training department
- Organize and manage training assets for accepted use by co-workers from other departments
- Create and maintain systems, processes and communications to curate content, encouraging others to build and share their wisdom.
- Write training content for eLearning or Instructor led training material
- Apply instructional design and learning theory concepts to create useful, engaging, fun training experiences
- Curate training material from multiple sources to provide fast paths to training solutions
- Develop expertise in Alationâs product
- Maintain training material. Review product changes and apply changes to content where needed.
- Technical competency - a fundamental understanding of data, with at least 1-2 years experience building training for a technical audience such as administrators or developers.
- Technical skills may include databases, analytical tools, scripting languages, HTML, CSS, SQL, APIs and integration, networking, storage.
- 3-5 years experience writing training or documentation. Writing Samples will be required.
- 2 years experience building technical training content for software or hardware customers
- You must complete a short sample exercise in order to be considered for this position.
- Knowledge of instructional design and learning theory
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with eLearning tools (examples: Articulate 360, Articulate Presenter, Techsmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate)
- Excellent writing skills. You will be the model for the company â your writing must be correct.
- Imagination and creativity. We have fun working, and want our customers to have fun learning.