System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs an TSM Backup Admin, you are responsible to provide L2 and L3 level technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
- Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- As a Subject matter expert, you will provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, and implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to IBM SAN products and Switches.
- Diagnose storage products and related product issues and follow up with root cause analysis.
- Participate in disaster recovery, planning, changes, upgrades, implementation and tests as scheduled.
- Primary on call support for Storage and associated switch products.
- Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed.
- Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
- Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
- Aid with identifying problem management trends.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4 + years of experience in TSM products v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 and V8.x etc.
- Working knowledge in TSM Administrator v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 and V8.1.1 Installation, Configuration and upgradation administration on Windows, UNIX and Linus environments
- Experience in creation and configuration of backup policies such as file systems, SQL, VMware, Oracle, Lotus Notes, and Sybase databases, RAW, Flash for various Netbackup clients.
- Proficient in design the complete Backup, Restore strategy. Configuration of Backups- Full/Incremental/Image/Sub-file and Troubleshooting
- Responsible to implement High Availability, Workload Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery.
- Solid understanding in configuration of inventory expiration, migration, reclamation, TSMDB backup Admin Schedules.
- Experience in creating backup scripts for user backup for UNIX and Windows servers.
- Proven experience debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool.
About Business Unit
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!