Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Designer, you will be responsible to tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of customers around the world (novice to expert)Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Responsible to delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them
- Rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals (from concept to execution -across many platforms / spaces)
- Collaborate with fellow designers to constantly refine the client’s design language and create innovative, great-looking products that customers love to use
- Envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and magical
- Tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of customers around the world (novice to expert)
- Collaborate with researchers, engineers and product managers throughout design process - from creating research protocols, personas, scenarios, information architecture and wireframes to building user interface prototypes
- At each stage, you must anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- BDes or MDes from a reputed Design School having not more than 2 years of experience
- Experience in Weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users experience meaningful journeys
About Business Unit
- Validated written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration skills and proven ability to work in a team environment
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.