The role will perform Insurance account modeling processes within the Analytics Group of the CoE and will report into a Team LeaderKey Responsibilities Include
Technical Skills And Competencies
- Providing insurance account data entry, enhancement, coding and modeling support to underwriting and regional catastrophe teams globally
- Processing submission data files within stipulated time frames by entering them into account modeling systems, translating and coding to model recognizable format(s),and assessing and correcting location addresses and geocoding using Google
- Perform reviews around
- Geo Code verification & Google Earth aerial imagery
- Location Determination
- Valuation Check
- EQ Zone determination/verification
- Wind Zone determination/verification
- Flood Zone determination/verification
- Flood Loss Estimates for exposed locations using proprietary tools
- Modeling accounts to estimate catastrophe losses from all perils using multiple catastrophe models
- Providing catastrophe modeling results to support the pricing and underwriting process
- Modeling one or more different policy structures per account, and multiple options as requested by the underwriter
- Documenting assumptions and sharing Analytics and relevant files with the U/W
- Individual with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably within one of the following disciplines (Chemical, Electrical, Civil or Mechanical) or any University degree with 60% or above.
- Proficient with MS Office and internet-based research. knowledge of VBA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of insurance is desirable, but not essential
- Must demonstrate oral and written communication skills along with analytical and logical thinking skills
- Candidate must be organized, self-motivated and willing to learn more about the basics of commercial and/or energy insurance, underwriting processes, insurance coverage terms and conditions, and catastrophe modeling for underwriting
Willing to work in Global time zones.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.Functional Area
UW - UnderwritingEstimated Travel Percentage (%): No TravelRelocation Provided: NoAIG ANALYTICS & SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED