Anna UniversityPost Name:
University Librarian, Deputy Director and More VacanciesNo of Posts:
3 - 11 yearsEducation:
B.Sc, M.Sc, M.Phil/Ph.D, M.Lib, M.P.EdLocation:
How To Apply
- The selection process consists of
- Written Test
- Presentation before the Subject Experts and
- Personal Interview with the Members of the Selection Committee
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding reason for not being called for Written Test / Interview / outcome of Interview. The date and time of Written Test, Presentation and Interview will be hosted in the Anna University website. In addition, communication will be sent to the registered e-Mail id.
- Requests for change of date of Written Test, Presentation and Interview will not be entertained. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the Written Test, Presentation and Interview. The Selection process may not be completed on the same day.
- The last date for filing the application through online mode is 21.10.2020 (17.30 Hrs. IST).
- After successful submission of the duly filled-in online application(s),the candidate shall download the same, affix signatures at appropriate places and send them along with all the relevant enclosures to the Registrar, Anna University, Chennai only by Speed / Registered Post with acknowledgement due so as to reach him on or before 28.10.2020 (17.30 Hrs. IST). The envelope containing the application and enclosures should be superscribed on the left hand top corner as “Application for the post of ___________________ in the Department(s) / Centre of ______________ and code No(s). ______.
- Important Dates:
- Date of Commencement of online Registration is 30.09.2020 (10.00 Hrs. IST)
- Last date for filing the application through online is 21.10.2020 (17.30 Hrs. IST)
- Last date for the receipt of hard copy of the completed application with all the relevant enclosures is 28.10.2020 (17.30 Hrs. IST)
4.1. a. Candidates must be Indian Nationals only with excellent academic record and excellent commitment to quality in teaching and research.
- Candidates should possess the required educational qualifications in relevant branch / specialization, experience and other requirements (if applicable) specified as on 29.09.2020.
- In addition to U.G. and P.G. Degrees, Ph.D. Degree shall also be a mandatory educational qualification for the appointment of Assistant Professors and Assistant University Librarian Grade – I in Anna University.
- Educational qualifications, experiences etc. mentioned in this Notification indicate the minimum eligibility.
4.2. a. Candidates who satisfy all the requirements should fill their applications only through online mode in the prescribed format.
- Separate application should be filed for each Department / Centre / University Library.
- The last date for filing the application through online mode is 21.10.2020 (17.30 Hrs. IST)
4.4 a. After successful submission of the duly filled-in online application(s),the candidate shall download the same, affix signatures at appropriate places and send them along with all the relevant enclosures to the Registrar, Anna University, Chennai only by Speed / Registered Post with acknowledgement due so as to reach him on or before 28.10.2020 (17.30 Hrs. IST). The envelope containing the application and enclosures should be superscribed on the left hand top corner as “Application for the post of ___________________ in the Department(s) / Centre of ______________ and code No(s). ______.
- The self-attested photocopies of the documents (as given in Annexure V) have to be sent along with the hard copy of each application.
4.5 The hard copy of the duly filled-in online application(s) along with supporting documents received on or before the due date at the office of the Registrar, Anna University Chennai shall be considered for further processing. Hand written application shall not be accepted. The applications received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
- Teaching experience is not mandatory for Assistant Professor in Engineering & Technology, Management, Architecture, Town Planning and Assistant University Librarian Grade-I in University Library. However, for Assistant Professor in Science & Humanities, post Ph.D. experience that includes Research Experience and / or Teaching Experience is mandatory.
- The Service rendered in regular Scale of Pay / Pay Band / Pay Matrix as per AICTE Regulations alone shall be considered as teaching experience.
- For post Ph.D. teaching experience, candidates are requested to enclose the following documents Institution-wise in chronological order without fail, while forwarding hard copy of application:
- Advertisement for Recruitment of post concerned indicating the qualifications and other requirements as per the norms of regulatory bodies,
ii. Interview / Call Letter,
iii. Appointment Letter,
iv. Joining Report,
- Salary Certificates issued by the Institution indicating the Scale of Pay / Pay Band / Pay Matrix for the Posts held
vi. Last Pay Drawn Certificates,
vii. Income Tax Returns for the period of service claimed
viii. Service Certificate at the time of relieving. The post Ph.D. teaching service shall be counted only based on the valid documents submitted by the candidates while screening the application and any request for relaxation to submit the above documents at a later date shall not be strictly entertained. Further, if any one of the above documents is not submitted along with hard copy of application, such application will be summarily rejected without any communication.Important Instructions
- Candidates should have obtained Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University, under 10+2+4 / 10+3+3 / 10+2+3+3 / 10+2+2+3 system for Engineering & Technology, 10+2+3 / 10+2+4 system for Management, 10+2+5 / 10+3+5 system for Architecture (Core Discipline),10+2+4 system for Architecture (Allied Discipline-I),10+2+4 / 10+3+3 / 10+2+3+3 / 10+2+2+3 system for Architecture (Allied Discipline-II),10+2+4 / 10+3+3 / 10+2+3+3 /10+2+2+3 / 10+2+3 system for Town Planning, 10+2+3 system for Science & Humanities and University Library.
- Application of the candidates who have completed U.G. / P.G. / Ph.D. in Engineering and Technology and Architecture under Distance Mode shall not be considered.
- Application of the candidates who have completed M.Phil. and Ph.D. under Correspondence / Distance Education / Open University System from the academic year 2007-2008 shall not be considered as per G.O.(Ms) No.91, Higher Education (K2) Department, dated 03.04.2009.
- Experience shall be considered only from the date of successful completion of Ph.D. (from the date of Ph.D. viva-voce examination) in the relevant area of specialization for all positions in Science and Humanities.
- In any cadre, the roster-turn indicated as ‘PSTM’ means Persons Studied in Tamil Medium. For all the other roster turns the medium of instruction shall be only English.
- Medium (English / Tamil) of instruction means, school studies, under-graduate, post-graduate, and research degrees shall be in the same medium. Even if anyone of the above studies / Degrees has been completed with Tamil as the medium of instruction, then the medium of study of the candidate shall be considered as English and not as Tamil Medium.
- If a qualified and suitable candidate who has acquired relevant degrees including school studies in Tamil medium is not available for selection for appointment in the turn allotted for Tamil Medium candidate in the cycle, then, the turn so allotted shall be filled by a candidate studied in English Medium in the respective category in roster.
- If a qualified and suitable woman candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyar),Backward Class Muslims, Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes / De-notified Communities and General Turn is not available for selection for appointment in the turn allotted for women in the cycle, then, the turn so allotted shall be filled by a male candidate in the same category in roster.
- Provided that if even after filling up of the required appointments or posts reserved for Arunthathiyars amongst the Scheduled Castes, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, such excess number of candidates of Arunthathiyars shall be entitled to compete with the other Scheduled Castes in the inter-se-merit among them and if any appointment or post reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.