This position is for a Validation Engineer, this requires learning and executing Product Validation & testing. Subject of testing is portfolio of software applications and hardware designed mainly for power plant control, optimization and simulation, in fully assembled system environment. The testing will be performed from various perspectives â System performance, Basic functionality, Compatibility etc.
The successful candidate will work as part of a global multi-cultural development team.Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the testing of DCS software by following Test Cycle-Smoke, first pass, & regression testing.
- Developing test plans, scenarios and test cases
- Maintain product quality testing within agreed schedule
- Posting issues; debugging and recreating reported problems.
- Designing and evaluating software testing data
- Developing test scripts and configurations
- Collecting and analyzing test results and software quality measurements
- Preparing Test procedure from Functional Specifications
- Experience in Validation testing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge in discrete and continuous controllers, HMI, bus technologies and field instrumentation
- Experience of Writing test cases for simple enhancements
- Knowledge of Installation and configuration of product components for Security solutions
- Experience using Windows operating systems
- Experience of Installation of Windows OS, drivers and Microsoft patches.
- Advanced knowledge of the Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good English verbal and written communication
- Willing to travel abroad
- Graduate of BE/BTech Engineering course (Instrumentation, EE, ECE, Power)
- Desired work experience in years: 2 â 3 years
- ISTQB / ISEB certificate on at least Foundation level
- Strong Computer Skills
- Recognized expertise in a technology or product area
- Familiarity with one or more of the following industries: power generation, water / wastewater, hydrocarbon processing, oil and gas, pulp and paper, specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical or food and beverage
- Knowledge of (C/C++/C#/.NET),Vmware, Crystal Report, Communication Protocols etc.
- Experience in engineering, configuration and start-up of process control systems
- Participated in activities such as maintenance, Hardware mounting, hardware maintenance, network rack planning & dressing, tagging of Hardware equipments etc.
Experience in configuring or operating DCS, DCS setup including Hardware (Controllers, basic I/O modules etc.) and Software, PLC or SCADA. WHY EMERSON?
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us! . Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our companyâs values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson .
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Primary Location
India-Uttar Pradesh-NoidaJob Function