We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs VMware Administrator, you are responsible to provide technical support of VMWARE servers with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
We, at IBM, always believe that it is extremely important to have the right person for the right job and you are a perfect fit to this strategy. We want people with the ability to learn; who are ready to put good ideas into action – We wish you great success in your career and encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Upgrade and Maintain VMWare ESX and GSX servers and virtual sessions
- Work on major severity and complex server issues
- Provide Backup and restore VMWare servers and virtual sessions
- Drive RCA preparation and meeting SLA for RCA submission along with planning and implementing fixes / patches
- Performance and capacity management on VMWare servers and complex health check-ups
- Perform in 24 x 7 environment in shift roaster and attend calls whenever assigned
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems
- Adhere to all the account specific technical as well as general process / procedures
- Ensure the Service Requests and all pre-requisite checks are followed diligently
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8+ years as VMware Server Administrator
- Proficient in controlling administrator rights on VM Infrastructure, Use of VMware Converter Enterprise and overview.
- Ability to setup of resource pools and a VMware Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS) cluster, Resource Management, Resource Monitoring along with VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
- Proven experience in ESX Server Installation and configuration of virtual switches, network connections and port groups configure Storage
- Expertise in Virtual Center Installation and configuration and Installation of its components Perform Level 3 Support Esx Operating system
- Demonstrable experience in Install / Upgrade Esx platform environment
- Validated understanding to support Level 3 OS monitoring Client Software, Backup and Recovery client, Client Software, automated Security, health checking client, OS monitoring
- Proficient in scripting ESX Server deployments for remote installation and security in a VMware Virtualized Environment
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.