We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a VRA VRO support professional, you will be part of the automation team and be involved in event monitoring, incident management, problem management and continuous improvement. In alignment with IT Strategy of modernization infrastructure to enhance customer experience, improve velocity, agility and transform to IT as a Service model, the Orchestration and Automation team will also enable the customer to build additional services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You will automate delivery of personalized infrastructure, applications and custom IT services
- Automated installation, configuration, upgrade, patch, drift remediation, health, and content management of vRealize products
- Self-driving Operations from applications to infrastructure, using AI / machine learning (ML) based performance and capacity optimization
- In-depth knowledge on vRealize Operations and experience to create, modify and remove custom dashboards, what-if capacity project plans, Custom Reports, Alerts and Notifications, Policies, Super Metrics & Objects.
- Working knowledge of vRealize Operations Operational Management and ability to add Data Node, rebalance vROPS cluster, add Remote Collector, third party solution Adapter and party plug-in
- Hands-on experience in performing Puppet tasks - Puppet Services, reak/Fix - troubleshooting, Service Start and Stop, Vendor call outs to Puppet, maintenance/Upgrade for Puppet module
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT domain with 3+ years in VRA/ VRO support
- Experience in vRealize Suite solution support and lead Application Incident discovery and Environment Security, Capacity and Health auditing
- Proficient in vRA administration and create/Modify/Remove Build profiles, Cost profiles, Machine prefixes, Property Dictionary, Reservations, Reservation policies, user and group roles, custom groups, tenant branding, entitlements and business group–specific catalog items and entitlements
- Expertise in vRealize Automation Operational Support with demonstrable experience in Machine Guest Executable Software Deployment and Deployment Day 2 Operations incident recognition and remediation
- Proven ability in vRealize Orchestrator Operational Support and experience in dedication towards client and management Portal, Workflow and third party integration incident identification and remediation
About Business Unit
- Certification: VCP6-CMA 2019 / VMware vRealize Operations 2017 Specialist / VCAP-CMA Deploy 2018 / Puppet Certified Professional
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to inspire creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to lead change and shown time management
- Shown social skills while giving to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. dedicated & creative towards resolution leading to growth
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.