We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs WAS SME, you are responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring WAS, IHS and related tools across multiple platforms. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and application of patches on WAS running system. You should be able to support BAU responsibilities ensuring the up & running of application(s) 24 x 7, Monitoring Service now incidents and leading them to resolution, follow change management procedures, assisting in problem management and providing RCA inputs.Responsibilities:
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall technical solution design, development, deployment/cutover, and implementation - covering all technical aspects of the program’s implementation lifecycle
- Provide hands-on technical solutions to business challenges & translates them into process/technical solutions.
- Design, development and delivery of WAS application including Clustering through network deployment.
- Interpret requirements, performs highly complex analyses and presents options and recommendations to obtain desired results.
- Develop advanced technological ideas and guides development into a final product.
- Work under minimal supervision in layouts, product support, devices, methods or procedures
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT industry
- Proficient in WebSphere Application Server ND 6.1/ 7.0 / 8.5, IBM HTTP Server 6.0/ 6.1/ 7.0 / 8.5, Tomcat 5
- WAS Scripting Knowledge
- Proficiency in working on Linux/Unix and Windows system
- Expertise in WebSphere Liberty, Deploy support (Eclipse, UCD, CDA) and Ansible Support
- Experience in MS office, ITIL, Service now
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Unix / Linux (RHEL) / Basic Bash Scripting.
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!