Responsibilities and Duties :
1) Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
2) Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
3) Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
4) Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
5) Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors and tank linings.
6) Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
7) Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
8) Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
9) Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.