At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Windows Administrator specialist you are responsible to design, install, administer, and optimize overall control of a server. Provide technical support to ensure a high degree of Customer Happiness through Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Process Compliance and perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Act as the central communication point for Design, Maintain and Communicate the service support plans in Windows Administration domain
- Communicate the business impact of major incidents and prioritize based on business impact to the client
- Assess the impact of changes to systems, applications and infrastructure to determine requirements
- Configure and solve - DHCP, DNS, various network devices and services
- Performing Backup and Restore Operations
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Windows Infrastructure.
- Proficient on VTAM, TCP/IP, APPN along with the process documentation
- Ability to provide technical direction and coordination to the resolver groups involved while participating in the Change Control Board and Change Control Process
- Experience on SCCM/System Center Configuration Manager along with integration experience with AD/Active Directory and Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V
- Demonstrable ability in managing windows server 2008/2012/2016, L2.
- Proven expertise to respond to all systems alerts - error indicators, error messages, failures, and peripheral malfunctions
- Validated expertise to create and manage user groups, renaming groups, deleting groups
About Business Unit
- Experience in high availability environment and alignment to process (ITIL)
- Validated experience in Page File size management and troubleshooting
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.