At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs VMware specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Upgrade and Maintain VMWare ESX and GSX servers and virtual sessions
- Work on major severity and complex server issues
- Provide Backup and restore VMWare servers and virtual sessions
- Drive RCA preparation and meeting SLA for RCA submission along with planning and implementing fixes / patches
- Performance and capacity management on VMWare servers and complex health check-ups
- Perform in 24 x 7 environment in shift roaster and attend calls whenever assigned
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems
- Adhere to all the account specific technical as well as general process / procedures
- Ensure the Service Requests and all pre-requisite checks are followed diligently
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years as VMware Server Administrator
- Proficient in controlling administrator rights on VM Infrastructure, Use of VMware Converter Enterprise and overview.
- Ability to setup of resource pools and a VMware Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS) cluster, Resource Management, Resource Monitoring along with VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
- Proven experience in ESX Server Installation and configuration of virtual switches, network connections and port groups configure Storage
- Expertise in Virtual Center Installation and configuration and Installation of its components Perform Level 3 Support Esx Operating system
- Demonstrable experience in Install / Upgrade Esx platform environment
- Validated experience to support Level 3 OS monitoring Client Software, Backup and Recovery client, Client Software, automated Security, health checking client, OS monitoring
- Proficient in scripting ESX Server deployments for remote installation and security in a VMware Virtualized Environment
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!