ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POST OF YOUNG INVESTIGATORS
The Centre for Health Research and Development, Society for Applied Studies (CHRD-SAS),a Delhi-based not-for-profit research organization invites applications for the position of Young Investigator under the Platform for Research Excellence Related to National Aims (PRERNA).PRERNAaims to promote innovative and impactful research and develop a model for accelerating progress in implementation of high-quality research in maternal and child health.
The Young Investigator (YI) program is a career-oriented program instituted to recognize outstanding biomedical graduates or post-graduates and help foster a career in research.
DESIGNATION: Young Investigator
PLACE OF WORK: Centre for Health Research and Development, Society for Applied Studies, 45, Kalu Sarai, New Delhi (near Hauz Khas Metro Station)
- Medical graduate or postgraduate
- Age between 25-35 years
- MBBS with Masters or PhD in Public Health
- MD in Paediatrics or Community Medicine or Diploma in Pediatrics/Public Health/Psychiatry
- Basic knowledge of public health research and community-based trials
- Basic knowledge of epidemiology and biostatistics
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
DESCRIPTION OF WORK AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
1. Idea-generation and prioritization
2. Development of research proposals and implementation of research activities
3. Participation and coordination of scientific workshops (national and international),seminars and journal clubs
4. Data analysis using existing data, evidence synthesis
5. Scientific writing
6. Possibility for enrolment in a PhD programme
7. Publish at least four papers, with at least two of them as first author during the program
Please email your resume along with a write up (300-350 words),which should include what do you want to learn, your long-term goals, the research area(s) of interest and why you find the particular area(s) interesting.