Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Z System Administrator (DB2), you are responsible to work with z platform administrators, Application development teams and Application production support teams to provide subject matter expertise to maintain the existing infrastructure and to recommend best practices for the supported infrastructure. You will imbibe agile practices in your scope of work. You are also expected to gain skills in your primary work technology and to gain skills in other supported technologies in the squad through defined time bound goals.Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Supporting application infrastructure environment for DB on Z and related technologies.
- Work on Incident, Change and Problem of the supported infrastructure.
- Work with application teams to continuously improve the design and processes.
- Analyze and perform performance tuning.
- Maintain compliance posture as per CIO Security Policy.
- Ensure important parameters on DB are monitored.
- Part of 24x7 support Team for supported infrastructure.
- Follow and be a champion of agile practices.
- Develop zDB skills with other team members
- Exposure in DASD storage management and tools DFHSM, $AVRS , dispatch tools, RACF and Storage Management
- Proven knowledge in REXX, CLIST, JCL OMVS, TWS, OPC, Control-M
- Exposure in zDB2 for z/OS Data Sharing (including Coupling Facility structure maintenance),DB2 for z/OS RSU maintenance rollouts (Shopz ordering, SMP/E processing etc),zDB2 for z/OS version upgrades - IBM DB2 for z/OS system performance tuning (Bufferpools, ZPARMs etc),DB2 Installation, upgrade and Migration, and PTF Installation with SMP/E
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as administrator for DB2 on Z.
- Experienced in production support DBA, creating Database objects, Tablespaces, Tables, Views, Indexes etc. and coordinating with application team for design related issues
- Prior experience in maintaining the DB2 Catalog/Directory (Analysis, Backup, Recover, Reorg, etc).
- Hands on knowledge in DB2 Performance Tuning Recovery Tools like File Aid, QMF, SPUFI
- Proficient in Platinum tools Log Analyzer Database & Plan Analyzer RC Tools Detector Subsystem Analyzer
- Expertise in mainframe skills like JCL, VSAM Experience on DB2 Upgrades, Database monitoring, health check, housekeeping Knowledge/experience with DR (Disaster Recovery) drill.
- Experience with issue during high severity incidents Database refresh Monitor Space for the databases and implement the space changes.
- Working knowledge in IBM utilities, tools Omegamon, Mainview , SYSView
About Business Unit
- Desirable experience in Infrastructure Architecture, Storage and Networking,
- Exposure/Understanding of Platforms (Linux/Mainframe)
- Knowledge of Cloud Architecture and Devops, systems performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experience with installing and using DB2 ISV Products, Tools installation/maintenance/upgrades
- Applying Tracing and checkpoint parameters, Performance and optimization settings
- Log dataset management and space allocations, Experience with agile organization preferred.
- Experience on following IBM DB2 Utilities, Commands UNLOAD, RELOAD, COPY, RECOVER, REORG & RUNSTATS
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.