It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.Job Description
Tax Associate is responsible for supporting the Ares tax team located in New York. This function primarily includes: tax compliance, tax data integrity, structure documentation, quantitative analysis, information management, as well as enhancements to processes and systems.Primary Functions And Essential Responsibilities
- Support US & EUR tax team with structure documentation for fund or account launches and portfolio-specific activity and issues, ensuring timely cross-communication of critical information between all parties.
- Work alongside outside accounting firms in the preparation and review of tax allocation workpapers.
- Work with internal tax teams to prepare tax withholding calculations.
- Support tax team with quantitative tax analysis for decision making.
- Coordinate with and support tax paralegals on tax legal entity management and maintenance of quarterly structure chart compendium.
- Make quarterly tax payments on various federal and state DOR websites.
- Prepare accounts payable templates and coordinate payment process with business line tax teams and fund accounting.
- Review quarterly REIT qualifications testing .
- Support tax team with resolution of federal and state tax notices.
- Prepare income tax provisions and ASC 740 memos supporting financial statements.
- Manage annual and quarterly investor tax reporting packages including uploading/distribution through Intralinks.
- Coordinate with business line tax teams on information requests, including CLO PFIC statements, joint venture tax return, FBAR, and other tax forms.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and regularly with US & EUR tax team and maintain relationships at senior level and handle escalated requests.
Position Reports To
Tax VP, located in NYQualifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting or related disciplineBig 4 experience required
Knowledge of complex fund structuresUnderstanding of legal entity organizational set up and agreementsAdept with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, Alteryx preferred
Manage a team supporting multiple tax business lines in various time zonesExperience with legal entity structuring and financial modelling preferredExperience with US EIN applications, check the box elections, tax forms, and similarExperience in with treaty qualification, withholding tax concepts
Strong written and verbal communications skillsStrong organization and time management skillsAbility and desire to work in a fast pace and dynamic environmentExtremely detailed oriented with proven track record for accuracyCritical thinker, strong analytical skills, and initiative to increase knowledgeTeam player, motivated to produce high quality deliverablesPersonal and professional integrity of the highest order
CA - ICAI, Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Accounting
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!