We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Assess the impact of changes to systems, applications and infrastructure to determine requirements
- Prioritize major incidents based on business impact to the client
- Enforce ‘drop dead’ time to prevent outage outside of change window
- Proven working relationships with support and delivery teams, management and liaise with support areas as required
- Train and mentor other team members including Service Restoration Managers and Problem Managers in process and techniques used to manage major incidents.
- Providing updates / communication to senior management on the status of P1, P2 incidents.
- Need to involve in solution testing, debugging, and refinements to produce the required end-product.
- Capable of preparing program-level, user-level documentation on an as-needed-basis.
- Provide and receive technical direction as required to ensure program deadlines are met
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of experience in M&EM environment.
- Experience with OMNIbus and OMNIbus core sub-products (gateways and probes).
- Provide technical direction and coordination to the resolver groups involved.
- Good hands on experience on writing Impact policies and various integrations using Impact
- IBM GSMA Architecture knowledge is preferable.
- Creating maps, dashboards using Web GUI.
- Customizing and meeting Operations teams requirements.
- Integration with IPC systems for Auto Ticketing.
- Proficiency with Operating Systems such as UNIX (Solaris, Linux, AIX etc.) and Windows.
- Proficiency with various scripting and coding methods such as PERL/CGI, Shell/Batch, XML, SQL.
- Knowledge of application dependency mapping and business service management.
About Business Unit
- ITIL certified
- Working experience in high availability environment
- Alignment to process (ITIL).
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.