The Microsoft Business Operations (MBO)-
Enterprises Protect Compliance and Intelligence team is looking for a Engineering Program Manager
to shape requirements for our Engineers which help us deliver reusable enterprise scale Business Intelligence. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale while ensuring Microsoft runs on trust. It is a great opportunity to work on initiatives which are highly strategic to Microsoft and help solve some of the most complex business problems in the world today.
Our MBO team is a cornerstone of the Core Services Engineering Operations
group is leading the company's Digital Transformation journey. We collaborate and partner across the entire company building enterprise, reusable, scalable, end-to-end business applications. We are the first to use our own technology at enterprise scale. Our early adopter experiences, as well as best practices, offer an inside view of Microsoft, which helps inform our customers how to make our technology work for them. CSEO employees make global impact on hundreds of thousands of customers, partners and employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Success is understanding of large ecosystems of data and analytics which power and anticipate intelligent and safe business decisions across Microsoft and our customer, seller partner ecosystems. Leveraging this information to shape requirements that provide the highest value in a timely and secure manner. We use this information to inform and support an empowered team of world class Engineers to deliver high value work product. You will also work to get large scale solutions to be reusable across multiple organizations both internal and external to Microsoft, as well as leverage work of others through ideas and features from other Microsoft solutions.
We are a team committed to enabling boundaryless and modern end-to-end operational business processes and services which continuously proactively manage risk and compliance for our customers, partners and Microsoft. We do this using data as our foundation to build an intelligent, streamlined and clear picture of Microsoft's operations.Responsibilities
- Team up to drive digital transformation for Microsoft Business Operations and unlock business value by building the solutions that solve business and customer problems
- Encourage and inspire innovation through different approaches to technology and business solutions with clear understanding of investment horizons and use of roadmaps to guide the way
- Support a culture of transparency and accountability in a continuously improving DevOps and Agile development model
- Evolve the Microsoft Business Operations mission and help shape our Digital Transformation approach enabling connected data, connected Business Intelligence Insights, using Data Science, Machine Learning and AI
- Develop deep customer relationships to grow an understanding of unmet, articulated, and unarticulated needs of our global user base as the center of all shaping work. This should lead to delivery of solutions that engage, delight and enable
- Partner deeply with business stakeholders and understand industry best practices for Business Intelligence. Coalesce these insights with a deep customer understanding in order to plan, prioritize and drive coherence on product investments and define measures of success.
- Translate business opportunities and pain points into a roadmap of Product investments in user consumable chunks, with early and often feedback loops.
- Be curious, connect data, generate insights, and define experiments to validate or invalidate the hypotheses with results that ultimately lead to the right feature and investment decisions.
- Understand how to ruthlessly prioritize, manage stakeholder expectations when making trade-offs to achieve the high value outcomes for our customers, partners and sellers
- Provide clarity of requirements during CI/CD while consistently looking ahead to shape the future
- Know how to get early elicitation of dependencies, enablers and risks across teams, across the Enterprise
- Understand upstream, downstream and the ecosystem of the data and processes being affected by the changes to processes being effected or made
- Execute at the product scenario and feature development level, meeting milestones of the product roadmap
- Own the delivery of product features or a subset of products from vision decomposition, prioritized scope and definition through release in partnership with business owners
- Balance business and engineering expectations and know how to drive alignment which may not immediately align
- Growth Mindset
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering OR 3 years experience in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence, Management Information Systems, related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 3 years' minimum experience in Product Management, Program Management, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Statistics, or Data Visualization or related
- Ability to get up to speed on technical and business domain knowledge quickly
- Technical acumen and experience deriving insights from data using tools such as SQL, Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, or the like
- Experience in governance, negotiation or alignment frameworks and approaches
- 3+ years of experience collaborating with technical professionals and working with data to extract insights, discern trends and identify solutions
- 3+ years of defining requirements and solving complex problems
- Experience with successful servant leadership scenarios
- End-to-end Enterprise systems thinking
- Security, privacy, compliance certifications or experience
- Experience working with information security, governance and compliance teams
- Ability to plan, organize and execute work while driving clarity in ambiguous situations
- Experience with Data Science, Machine Learning and/or AI
- Use of AzureDevOps for work breakdown, tracking of dependencies
- Lean, Agile and flow methodologies (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) to perform daily work with little risk, high value and quick feedback loops, experience or certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft's Business Intelligence stack, data modeling methodologies, data quality management, and big data.
- Process automation experience