1) Perform audits on cases assigned by the QA Team Leader.
2) Following audits, provides feedback in real time (within 24 hours) to the abstractor.
3) Constructs corrective action plans for MDAs with recurring errors.
4) Ensures corrections are made in a timely fashion.
5) Escalates performance concerns and issues as needed.
Desired Candidate Profile:
1. Physician or equivalent training and clinical experience.
2. Oncology experience desirable; familiarity with how cancer is treated from diagnosis through treatment and recovery and an understanding of cancer terminology.
3. Experience with medical records, data abstraction, chart audit or coding is desirable.
4. Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills.
5. Experience with data management.
6. Strong Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and computer literacy including Microsoft Office.
7. Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer.
8. High-level comfort with technology and willingness to learn new software programs.
9. Ability to make independent judgment in abstracting medical data and the knowledge when to seek input.
10. Ability to cope with incomplete medical record data and problem solve to find required information.
11. Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
12. Good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills