Key attributes of
Social Media Manager-Youtube and Twitter
· Brand awareness - a clear understanding of
brands and the marketing mix
· Direct and extensive experience with running
YouTube channels or other, similar community-driven online video portals. Must
be able to demonstrate having successfully grown an online community (channel
or channels) in terms of both subscriber numbers and video views / engagement.
· Understanding of the production process of video
would be useful.
· Have a proven understanding of the current
global digital landscape outside of YouTube, including relevant online
locations for popular video sharing sites and popular social networks.
· Positive Attitude required to learn
· Passion for Twitter and knowledge of how the
service works and how marketers use it
· Carry relevant exposure in content development
· Work with the Marketing & Communications
team to create high quality content for a range of online platforms which is
optimized and consistent with the brand and tone of voice
· Work with external agencies when required to
develop the online presence
· Take responsibility for the day-to-day operation
of the all YouTube channels
· Devise and implement audience development
strategies both on and off YouTube to increase viewing and subscriber numbers.
A specific focus should be to grow audience in content with the most effective
· Manage the supply of video clips either from
in-house or from third-party sources. This includes relationship management of
external partners as well as internal service providers such as the Operations
· To manage promotions and live events on the
· Oversee all written editorial across all videos,
channel home pages and any blogging/promotion and make sure it is of a
consistently excellent standard.
· Take responsibility for the overall look and
design of all channels and make sure they obey all relevant branding
· Research on what content is performing well on YouTube as well as
other sites, in order to advise on channels’ content needs, and generate ideas
· Create daily Tweet copy
for @Twitter replies and community management.
· Find relevant Tweets to
respond to throughout the day
· Stay on top of social
memes and language, surfacing trends to share with the wider team
· Escalate any issues on
the account as you see them and refer them to relevant parts of the company -
e.g. Tweets from journalists, urgent customer questions, potential news stories
· Clear understanding of
new trends ,Hashtag strategy and analytics