Zeta intends to replace many legacy systems in use by banks for processing payments. Banks need to leapfrog into an era of connected devices and omnipresent commerce. Banking should become an integral part of the commerce and enterprise systems, thereby enabling seamless consumer and business transactions. The average number of interactions an account holder may have with a bank would increase to 12-15 per day in the near term from the current average of 3-4 transactions per month. These could grow to an unimaginably large number in future. Most banking systems aren’t designed for this scale. In many ways, these systems are limiting the imagination of possibilities. We want this changed fundamentally, in an inter-operable and regulatory compliant manner.
We build large-scale transaction processing systems that can work with many current and future payment networks. We build applications that help banks realize the value of this new approach early. We help banks to rapidly deliver the value of these applications to their customers.
What is the Job like?
- Building highly-scalable and secure payments platform
- Primary owners of one or more components of the platform and will drive innovation in your area of ownership
- Working with various product teams gathering requirements and adding capabilities
- Working with some of the smartest people in the industry and will have ample opportunity to learn and grow
- Using cutting-edge cryptography to secure payments beyond industry standards.
- Deriving actionable insights by mining TBs of data.
- Building low-level infrastructure that aims to push the boundaries of network performance.
- Participating actively in recruitment and nurturing of engineers as awesome as you
- Review and influence new evolving design, architecture, standards and methods with stability, maintainability and scale in mind
- Identify patterns and provide solutions to class of problems
- Research, evaluate and socialize new tools, technologies, and techniques to improve the value of the system
- Be able to multi-task, prioritize and handle dependencies with minimal oversight
Who should apply?
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering (computer science, information systems)
- 1+ years of experience building enterprise systems
- Has great problem solving skills and is excited to learn and develop tech talent.
- Able to think big about a problem statement, suggest alternative technical approaches and build optimal solutions.
- Worked on one or more large scale java applications
- Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems, scalability, and availability
- Good knowledge of one or more relational and NoSQL databases and transactions
- Shrewd focus on latency and throughput of services
- In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, NIO, memory allocation and GC
- Great ability to mentor and train other team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the CAP theorem and its implications for real-world distributed systems
- “Call me maybe” is more than just a song for you
- You have studied distributed systems like Dynamo, HBase, various messaging and queuing systems and understand nuances of Time, Clocks, and Ordering of Events, rate control, load distribution
- You can smell fraud, transaction risks and abuse a mile away
Co-founded by Bhavin Turakhia (CEO) and Ramki Gaddipati (CTO),Zeta® is on a mission to make digital payments easy, inclusive and valuable for corporations, employees and merchants everywhere in India. Our products revolve around a key idea that spending and receiving money should be easy, fast, and trouble-free. Our Business Units are 1) Enterprise Solutions Group (ESG)- Zeta offers employee-benefit solutions like meal benefits, fuel and gadget allowance, communication reimbursements, RnR and more. To strengthen the ESG offerings we've tied-up with partners like RBL, Kotak and IDFC-First banks. 2) Zeta Express®-an innovative payment solution aimed at making corporate cafeterias cashless. The suite includes the Zeta Super Tag™, Zeta Express® Kiosk, Express Remote and Zeta Super ID. 3) Zeta Banking- Zeta is a technology partner/enabler that provides digital services: Card Management, Corporate Products solution and Customer lifecycle automation. Our corporate clientele includes over 14,000 clients across industries ranging from large conglomerates to small start-ups. Zeta has over 450 employees spread over 11 Indian cities: Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Nashik, Baroda, Kochi, and Ahmedabad. Zeta is ISO certified and PCI-DSS compliant. Zeta has also partnered with market leaders like Sodexo, RBL Bank, IDFC First Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, ADP India, Excelity Global and Aon Hewitt.
Zeta was awarded the best B2B platform and the best Payment App at the Payments and Cards Summit 2018. Zeta was also recognized as one of India’s most innovative product companies at NASSCOM Emerge 50 awards 2017 and was named the Fintech Rising Star for 2017 by the India FinTech forum. Here’s What We’ve Built So Far
Zeta Tax Benefits: Fully-digitized employee tax-benefits programme that helps employees save over 80k in taxes and helps organisations save up 90% of their time and resources Zeta Express: A corporate cafeteria solution that makes cafeterias automated and completely cashless Zeta Super Card: An advanced card-based payment solution that is 10x more secure than bank-issued cards Zeta Spotlight: A digitized rewards, recognition and gifting solution that is easy to distribute and easy to spend