Postman is the only complete API development environment. Today we have 11+ million developers and over 500K companies using our comprehensive set of built-in tools to support every stage of the API lifecycle. With Postman you can design, mock, debug, test, document, monitor, and publish your APIs all in one place.About The Team
The team works closely with the Product teams to build APIs that enable delightful experiences for developers who build modern software for the API first world. We’re a small team that learns from each other and iterates rapidly to make a large impact. Our Microservices are written in Node.js, MySQL and Linux deployed on the AWS Platform.A Taste Of Our Scale
700k+ daily active users200+ million requests per day spread across 30+ microservicesresting around 20 TB of dataingesting around 2TB of monthly internal service logs200k+ peak concurrent web socket connections
This position reports to one of our Engineering Managers.
- Build and own microservices while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- Manage the roadmap and SLAs for the microservices that you own.
- Create and periodically review Architectural diagram for the Microservices and manage their dependencies.
- Perform Code reviews.
- Deploy and monitor versions, retire older versions and push patch fixes.
- Manage Mocks, Docs, Monitors, Integration and Contract Tests using Postman.
- On-board, mentor and off-board developers within the Microservices you own.
- You’ve been building web applications for 3+ years.
- You’ve experience with high level programming languages - e.g. Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go. We code primarily in Node.js, so you’ll be excited to either ramp up on that or continue building awesome things with it.
- You possess strong Computer Science fundamentals - Algorithms, Databases, Networking and Distributed systems.
- You write testable, maintainable code that’s easy to understand.
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to product managers, designers, support and other engineers.
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 100 ft road, Indiranagar in Bangalore. You will enjoy our incredible perks: home-cooked meals, snacks, game room, flexible hours, ergonomic workstations and cuddles from our endearing Chief Happiness Officer, Cooper.What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from anyone and everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who not only understand the challenge but can also solve this for the rest of the world.
Be a part of something big.