Cubic Transportation Systems
IdeaSpark, Cubicâs organic platform, serves as a comprehensive innovation enablement platform that empowers community driven ideas and crowd sourced solutions to solve key business challenges and maximize competitive advantage. To continue to maintain and evolve IdeaSpark as a reliable digital forum, we are looking for a Software Engineer to perform complex software engineering assignments following designated standards and procedures.Job Responsibilities
- Analyzes functional requirements.
- Develops design concepts for software work products.
- Participates in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems for designated products and/or customer applications.
- Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks).
- Develops software requirements, related design, and code.
- Performs software testing.
- Applies and maintains quality standards.
- Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones.
- Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables.
- Assists in specification preparation and the assessment of products.
- Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures.
- Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and toolsets.
- Recommends value-added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or another related technical discipline.Skills/Experience/Knowledge
Additional Recommended Skills
- Desired experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting software programming.
- Any HTML templating engine (EJS, Handlebars, Jade, Jinja, JSP, PHP, Pug, Smarty, Twig, Velocity)
- CSS experience, especially with a preprocessor (Less, Sass, Stylus)
- Developing Node.js APIs, particularly with a framework (Express, hapi) Database management systems (MariaDB, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle Database, PostgreSQL, SQLite) NPM or Yarn Linux or macOS command line
- AngularJS front-end framework
- Express API framework
- Gulp build system
- Pug templates
- Sass CSS preprocessor
- Shell scripting
- Ubuntu or Debian (Linux distributions)
- Yarn package management
Condition Of Employment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
Successful outcome of a National Police CheckWorker Type: