At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Splunk Admin ,you are responsible for managing day to day operations of Support, maintain, and expand Splunk infrastructure in a highly resilient configuration.Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Standardized Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety #### UNIX and Windows platforms
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Assist internal users #### Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards
- Participate as an escalation point for 24x7 operations support for Splunk
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Design core Systems performance and troubleshooting logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Proven track record #### automating processes and procedures
- Research, design, evaluate and recommend major hardware and software enhancements for the infrastructure environment
- Provides input into strategic and tactical planning on behalf #### Information Technology
- Interpret and implement system standards, processes and security specifications to maintain System IT standards
- Trains other System Engineers and confers with and advises teammates on administrative policies and procedures, critical technical problems, priorities, and methods
- Maintains expertise in specific technical disciplines and serves a subject matter expert
- Acts as an effective leader and contributes to teamwork within area #### responsibility and across Information Technology
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participates in team on-call rotation
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3+ Years’ experience in IT Security with Splunk.
- Knowledge of Splunk architecture, various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server, Universal forwarder).
- Exposure to Design, support and maintain the Splunk infrastructure in a highly available configuration ,monitoring and supporting Splunk Servers and Configurations.
- Experience in managing the licenses, creating the license master, connecting the license slaves to them, and managing the license pools.
- Experience of Installation and configuring the Universal Forwarders, Heavy Forwarders, Splunk Search Head Cluster, create data retention policies and performed index administration, maintenance, and optimization and Updated the Splunk infrastructure to latest version standalone and clustering environment.
- Splunk DB connect App installation experience.
- Competence with Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
About Business Unit
- One or more security certifications: CEH, Security+, GSEC, GCIH, etc.,
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.