At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Network Administrator, you are responsible for Implementation and troubleshooting skills on routing, switching and Security devices like Firewalls and NACCome join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Responsible for Routing and Switching Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 1v, configuration, implementation and support
- Routing and switching protocols including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, Spanning Tree.
- ASA Firewalls – 5500-X Series experience: configuring access rules; configuring site-to-site and remote access VPN's; troubleshooting
- Network monitoring with tools such as SolarWinds, Open Source tools
- Network troubleshooting & resolution of very complex routing problems via protocol analyzers, etc.
- Implementing and supporting new technologies and understanding of associated business implications
- Occasional travel, On-call schedule and after hour maintenance events
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience focused on Data Center network support, configuration and implementation
- Minimum 2+ years of core switching, routing, MPLS and FWs
- Proficient in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.),SMTP and SNMP.
- Exposure to Cisco UCS platform and related switching configurations
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, L2L VPN, and Remote Access VPN
- Expertise in networking and security architectural and engineering support experience across local, regional and global domains
- Ability to effectively execute multiple IT projects and deadlines with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of AWS – EC2, EBS, Networking, SG, AMI’s, Checkpoint firewalls and F5 Load Balancers
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Operating Systems tuning and configurations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
- One or more networking certifications: CCNA,CCNP,CCIE, etc.,
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications